Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Garlands!

I've been lacking inspiration lately, but I decided to recreate the first project I posted in a new way. I loved the look of the coffee filter garland and decided to replicate it in miniature using cupcake liners.

Here's the first attempt, after tea-staining white liners. They turned out quite nicely, in my opinion.


Here is the cupcake garland versus the coffee filter garland.


As I was putting the garland together, an idea struck. What if I used the already colored cupcake liners? Twenty minutes and one trip to Kowalski's later, I was in business. Well, actually I was soaking the liners so that they would dry flat. After a day of drying, I really was ready to work.

I think it is really adorable and that it would be a great decoration for a baby shower or kid's party, or even a barbecue. What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment