Monday, March 15, 2010

Simple Chew Toy

Soon we'll hear the pitter-patter of new, tiny feet in our home. That's right, we're going to be dog-sitting! We're so excited to have a canine guest, Roxy, while our good friend Shay is in Thailand.

I thought today would be a good day to craft an easy chew toy for Roxy. So I dug out some old, too small or just unwanted T-shirts and got to work.

I cut the shirts into strips horizontally, making loops. Then, I stretched the loops out. I learned the polka-dot fabric did not stretch, so I saved that for the finishing touch.


Then, I braided the strips together. I ended up with five braids. I picked the best three and braided those into one large braid.

I finished by tying the ends with the polka-dot fabric. Ta-da! Perfect for St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment